Hello loves!I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween Weekend! I was definitely wearing a wig a lot this weekend (pictures on Instagram) so I wanted to come back to reality with a little post on my hair care routine for the upcoming week. I have some great tips to keep your hair healthy and how to get the loose curl look that I usually rock.
Happy Hair Day!
I love beachy big curls, which is how I typically style my hair. When my hair is still damp I use Aveda Curl Control from their Be Curly Collection to give my curls extra hold as well as smooth frizz, and Moroccan Oil Heat Styling Protection to prevent damage. When the hair is dry I section it into three tiers, so it ensures that all of my hair gets curled.
I start by curling my hair away from my face, and I also curl from the top/middle of the strand of hair down moving down to the ends to keep the length and create a more relaxed curl. I use a 1 1/2" -2" Ceramic Curling Iron.
Continue to take medium pieces of hair and curl them. For looser curls use bigger pieces of hair and for tighter, smaller pieces. After you finish each tier of hair set it with hairspray to give extra hold to the curls. I use Garnier Fructis strongest hold hairspray which works amazingly and great for the budget!
Once you finish the top tier of hair and it is entire curled spray your hair and let the curls rest to hold their shape. Typically I do my hair first and makeup second so they have some time to cool. Once the hair has set for a few minutes I use a very small amount of Argan oil in my hair to smooth and tousle the curls into waves. A very little (dime size for long hair) of the oil goes a long way so use sparingly working from the ends of your hair to the roots.
Work your hair until you get the ideal level of wavy you desire. Set once more with spray and Voila, You have a hairstyle that will last all day.
Hair Care Tips
1. Find a good hair stylist. For the past two years I went to Justin at Bloom Beauty Lounge in NYC. If you are in the city I highly recommend checking them out. My cut and color are totally credited to him.
2. I wash my hair every other day to prevent it from drying out. I use Moroccan Oil Shampoo (on the roots) and Conditioner (from the ends working it up towards the root).
3. Give your hair breaks from heat and if you are using heat use a protective spray.
4. Take care of hair from the inside out. I take Biotin which is a vitamin that is amazing for hair, skin, and nails. It really helped me grow my hair to the length it is now. Also drink a lot of water. It detoxifies the system and the better hydrated you are the healthier your hair is.
5. I either braid my hair or wear it up when I sleep to prevent it from tangling and breaking.